Chris Boaz Resume: Technical Marketing, FAE, Broadband, Wireless
Tuesday, March 23, 2004
Please allow me to introduce myself. I am currently searching for a position that will take advantage of my wide background in Technical Marketing, Pre-Sales, and Technical Support of various product lines. Some of the products include Wireless devices, Cable Modems and Media Center Reference Designs. I was previously employed at Intel Corporation in Chandler, AZ as a Technical Marketing Engineer. As you will see from my resume attached, I believe that I am fully qualified for this position, and feel I would be a great asset to you company.
As a Technical Marketing / Pre-Sales Engineer, I wear many hats; providing technical support for WLAN Products, Cable Modems and Media Center Reference Designs within the broadband product group. Responsibilities may include: participating in new product development, representing the customers’ technical needs, creating competitive analysis from a technical perspective, developing and presenting technical product training materials. I also work with the sales team to help resolve customer’s technical questions, participate in customer’s visits, and presentations. Along with the other roles, I played an important role in trade show development and demo meetings. I have been involved with many of the leading trade shows in the technology world, ranging from CES, NCTA, and Intel’s IDF.
I would like to thank you for considering my experience and knowledge. If you have any questions or would like to arrange for an interview, please feel free to contact me at the number listed above at anytime. Thank you once again, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Professional Profile (Tech Skills)
• Wireless (Wi-Fi)• 802.11b, 802.11g • 802.11a • WEP • WPA • Intel Architecture
• Cable Modems • DOCSIS • Media Centers • Cable Home
• Cisco Ubr • Benchmarking • Microsoft • Trade Show management • SNMP
• TCP/IP • Tech. Marketing • Digital Home • Escalations
• Test Development • Product Life Cycle • Project Mgmt
• Beta Testing • Networking • Usability
US Robotics, Schaumburg, IL
December 2003 - Current
Worldwide Escalation Engineer (CSO)
• Top technical contact for CSO
• Support Wireless devices, DSL Routers, Analogue modems, Ethernet Routers,
• Work with 3rd party call centers
• Coordinate worldwide weekly tech meeting
• Work along side of engineering teams to resolve bugs and implement fixes for all products
Intel Corporation, San Jose, CA
March 2001 – May 2003
Technical Marketing Engineer
• Media Centers / Advance Set top Boxes / Home Media Servers
o Technical interface to key U.S. and International customers
o Successfully supported two reference design with two major manufacturers including Viewsonic and Sony
o Coordinated product demo’s for major industry trade shows
? Consumer Electronics Show, Las Vegas
? Intel Developer Forum, San Jose
? NCTA (National Cable Trade Association), Chicago
o Coordinated Craig Barrett keynote speech at CES 2003
o Created and completed competitive analysis report
o Organized weekly meetings with 3rd party vendors
o Provided Bug/Defect progress list to management on a weekly basis
o Worked with hardware and software engineers to perfect product
• CCCM (Computer Controlled Cable Modem), Wireless Routers/Adaptors
o Staffed and managed Network Quality test group of 6 testers
o Created and implemented test cycles for wireless products.
o Responsible for lab and field trials with major US cable companies throughout design win process
o Monitored field cable modems from lab within Intel via SNMP
o Supported Domestic and International customers
o Assisted with Cable Labs DOCSIS testing
o Designed and Deployed Cable data networks for MSO’s
o Designed and Maintained two test labs for Engineering and Marketing Teams
? Duplicated Customers networks for compatibility testing
? Configured Cable Modem Termination Systems
• Cisco, 3Com, Nortel, and Motorola
? Cisco 7000 Series router with CSU/DSU
• Configured NAT with outside access for monitoring
o Represented Tech Marketing at weekly meetings for upper management.
o Developed a full suite of Cable Modem validation tests.
3Com Corporation, Rolling Meadows, IL
January 1999 – March 2001
Beta/Field Application Engineer (Cable Modems)
• Created and Implemented Beta Testing with Major Domestic and International Cable Companies
• Developed Plans to Monitor 3Com Cable Modems Nation Wide
• Designed NOC (Network Operation Centers)
• Attended Cable Labs DOCSIS 1.0 Forums
• Managed Field Application Engineer Lab
• Created Test Plans for External Cable Modems
o Performance, Compatibility, and Stability
• Organized and Chaired Escalation meetings, attended by management and world wide customers.
HSA Corporation, Louisville, KY
January 1997 – December 1998
NOC Administrator/Network Administrator
• Designed Network Operation Center for the purpose of monitoring deployed cable modems nation wide.
• Trained associates on SNMP applications
• Configured CMTS’s for Multiple Node Cable Operators
• Monitored Radius Servers
• Supported a Multi Company Windows NT Server Network
Education and Professional Training
Urbana High School, Urbana, IL
Global Knowledge Course Work:
• TCP/IP Networking, SNMP, Interconnection Cisco Network Devices, CCNA Boot Camp, Introduction to Cisco Cable Routers, Introduction to Cisco Network Registrar
• Benchmarking, Decision Making, Effective Delegation, ROI, Problem Solving,
Time to Market, Handling Press at Trade Shows, Branding and Positioning
Behavioral Interviewing, Effective Meetings, Constructive Confrontation
Design and Technology of Intel Chipsets.
Awards and Certifications
CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
Cisco Cable Communication Specialist
Spontaneous Recognition Award (Intel) for work done with CES.
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST